The Attack Chrome Extension!
Here's the thing: an amazing member of our community has built an extension for Chrome, and we need your help to test it out! We need your feedback and test usage to make this into the ultimate Chrome extension, and to take over the world.
Okay, what does it do?
That's simple, Timmy. At this time, it includes three major functions, all pertaining directly to your engagement and enjoyment of all things Attack.
- Automatic tab opening for The Attack, every time the channel goes live on Twitch.
- The Attack show schedule listing.
- Quick access buttons for theattack.tv, The Attack on Patreon, and The Attack Tip Jar.
How do I join in?
If you're here, you're welcome to test it out. All we ask is that you register for the beta (theattack.tv/beta), and report any bugs/issues you experience along the way (down below).
Are you taking my info and selling it to companies I don't support?
No. Your info is safe with us. We're never gonna give you up, never going to let you down.
ALRIGHT, I'm in. What do I need to do?
Excellent. Glad you're here, Timmy. Setup is simple.
1. Make sure you're using Google Chrome (on a desktop). Don't have Chrome? Get it here.
2. Download the latest version of The Attack Extension here. (v15, as of May 15, 2017)
3. Unzip the folder to a location you remember.
4. Open up your Chrome browser, and selection the Chrome menu icon.
5. Click on "More Tools" --> "Extensions"
6. Enable "Developer Mode"
7. You'll see several new buttons. Click "Load Unpacked Extension..."
8. You will be prompted to select a folder. Navigate to the unzipped folder from Step 3.
9. If successful, you should see The Attack logo (omfg, so pretty) in your Chrome toolbar. Test away and enjoy. Provide bug notes and general feedback below.
Note: On start-up of Chrome, you will receive the following message. Please select "Cancel" for the extension to remain active.
BUG REPORTING AND FEEDBACK FORM
We hear your feedback, and have made several changes to the extension - all for improvement and awesomeness.
v15 - May 15th, 2017
Automatically opening The Attack is an awesome idea, but we don't want to scare the poo out of you, or for your family to think that your computer is possessed. If they smash it with a baseball bat, the ghost would die, but so would your video card.
This means you've got added features, and more customization, starting... NOW!
Look at that. It's beautiful. A notification that The Attack is live!
You Choose What You See (AND WHEN YOU SEE IT)
Don't want to get notifications or automatic windows when you're away from your desk? Customize your options for each day of the week. You'll find this in the Chrome Extensions options menu. You can choose to "Open Link" (automatic window/tab when The Attack goes live), or "Notification" (push notification in Chrome to let you know The Attack is live).
You might live on the West Coast of the U.S. Maybe you're on the East Coast? OR... You might live in Australia? That's a place too, with its very own time zones and wildlife. Now, you can choose your timezone and see The Attack schedule for your local time.
- Squashed a bug that prevented the link from opening during The Attack time slot on Fridays.
- Added the good thoughts of a thousand lawn gnomes, for stability.
If you have a critical issue or question, please message Jake directly on Discord (@jake-attk) or via emails (firstname.lastname@example.org). We <3 you.